Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light green salsa very popular as a topping for tacos throught the Yucatan. They serve something like this at one of my favorite places in Cozumel, Los Otates.
- 4 small tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 habanero pepper, charred, stemmed and seeded
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put the tomatillos in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Drain and place in a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until consistency is smooth, adding water as needed.
- NOTE: You may want to wear gloves when seeding the pepper. It is VERY HOT! :).