Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Racheal Ray.... I think. But I can't ever find it anywhere, so for easier access I'm going to add it here. It is my favorite chicken tortilla soup BY FAR and it's SO EASY to make.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or just use a rotisserie)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes
- 3 lbs chicken stock
- 1 cup salsa verde, mild (I use Herdez)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- crumbled cheese
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken, stock, tomatoes, cilantro, salsa verde, beans, and corn. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, turn down heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve: Pour the soup on top of crumbled tortilla chips. Add avocado and cheese.