1/1 Photo of Salsa Verde Caribbean Shrimp
Recipe is from Campbell's Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 fresh jalapeno peppers or 1 canned jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pace salsa verde
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- lime slice
- fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the oil, lime juice and black pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and jalapeño pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- 3Stir the red pepper, salsa and coconut milk in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the shrimp and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over the rice. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro leaves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Verde Caribbean Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1576.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 23.5 g