Recipe by Pinay0618
Recipe is from Campbell's Kitchen.
Top Review by loveykel
This was very easy and very tasty! I served over jasmati rice. It wasn't the "prettiest" because of all of the green, but oh so tasty! And spicy! We love spicy in this house - if a recipe has jalepenos, we usually like it. I was hesitant to give it to our 2 year old because of the spiciness, but he LOVED it! LOL The chopping was the only prep needed. Thanks for sharing - I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe dice my onions even tinier).
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 fresh jalapeno peppers or 1 canned jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) jarpace salsa verde
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- lime slice
- fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the oil, lime juice and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and jalapeño pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Stir the red pepper, salsa and coconut milk in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over the rice. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro leaves, if desired.