1/2 Photos of Salsa Verde--canning Recipe
1 hr 5 mins
I love this recipe, and I love Ball's new Big Book of Canning, where this has been hidden! I have used half the peppers called for, and the full amount called for in another batch, both are yummy! I omit the cilantro per the request of my husband, who seems to be able to find the smallest amount! Lovely, tart recipe.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- 2In a large stainless saucepan combine all the ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium high heat, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- 4Cook for 10 minutes.
- 5At this point I puree half the batch (I use an immersion blender).
- 6Ladle hot salsa into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 7Wipe rims, center lids and screw on band to fingertip tight.
- 8Place jars in canner, cover and bring canner to a boil.
- 9Process for 15 minutes.
- 10Turn off heat, remove lid of canner and let jars sit for 5 additional minutes.
- 11Remove jars, cool, label and store.
- 12I get 2 full and 1 half pint from this recipe.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Verde--canning Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g