Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came across this recipe on a blog that I recently started reading.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (I've used both rump roast and chuck)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa, verde* (I like LaVictoria thick and chunky.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add beef chunks and brown on all sides to carmelize.
- Remove to crockpot.
- Add onion to drippings and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in taco seasonings and heat about 1 minute.
- Add salsa and stir, scraping up any browned bits.
- Transfer liquid to crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- * You can use any kind of salsa. It doesn't have to be salsa verde, but we like the flavor it adds to the beef.