Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
not only is this really healthy, it makes great use of the fresh herbs you're growing. try it on grilled salmon, delicious and colorful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spearmint
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender or processor.
- process until finely chopped.
- with machine running slowly add the olive oil, blend until creamy.
This was different! Not your typical salsa verde. This reminder me more of a pesto. This was salty yet refreshing like a pesto. I did rinse the anchovies and capers.I used scallions in place of the chives. It makes less then 2 cups. Maybe because I used the vita mix and it pureed it finer.