Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another one that I make so often that it is always slightly different. You can tweak some of the measurements to make this taste good to you.
- 10 green chilies
- 1 poblano chile
- 10 tomatillos, medium size
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (to taste)
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch slices. Peel the paper off of the tomatillos and wash. Roast the garlic, chilis, tomatillos, and onion in a hot oven or on the grill.
- Place seeded and peeled chilis in a food processor with the tomatillos, onion, and several cloves of roasted garlic. Add cilantro, lime juice, and some salt & pepper. Puree in food processor. Add the Olive Oil and honey.
- Taste the salsa. Add salt & pepper to season to your liking. Add a bit of additional honey to cut through any residual heat.
- Cool in refrigerator and serve with chips, in tamales, with enchiladas, tacos, nachos -- anywhere that you like green chili sauce.