Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a green salsa that is quite mild. Tomatillos are the tomato like vegetable of choice and because of them this salsa has a tangy zesty flavor when combined with the roasted peppers and onions. This recipe was found on another internet site. We have enjoyed it alot.
- 12 -15 tomatoes, husks removed, and quartered
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, excluding the stems
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- 3 large roasted green chilies, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To a food processer, add the tomatillos and pulse 4-5 times.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until reaching the desired consistency.
- Best after refrigerating over night.
- I'm not sure how long this will keep in the refrigerator, but have served it after about 10 days and it was fine.