Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh, light and delicious. Nothing else to say...
- 5 -6 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- Roughly chop the tomatillos and the jalapeno, add to blender.
- Add cilantro, and lime juice.
- Process to a coarse puree, then scrape into a serving dish.
- Stir onion into salsa.
- Add more chopped cilantro if desired.
- Add salt to taste, usually 1/4 teaspoon.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Allow to sit 20 minutes out of fridge before serving.
This has great flavor. I used a serrano pepper and served it with carnitas. Thank you JoJo Star.