Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh salsa makes an easy marinade for salmon. This recipe uses cherry tomatoes to make it just enough for two. Found in Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, 1-inch thick and skin removed
- Place the tomatoes, shallot, and garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the salmon.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the salmon in a nonreactive shallow baking dish, and top with the salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bake the salmon for 8-10 min or until the salmon just begins to flake.