Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Fresh salsa makes an easy marinade for salmon. This recipe uses cherry tomatoes to make it just enough for two. Found in Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, 1-inch thick and skin removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, shallot, and garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the salmon.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the salmon in a nonreactive shallow baking dish, and top with the salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bake the salmon for 8-10 min or until the salmon just begins to flake.