Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An authenic easy to make salsa based on a recipe from Taco Grande, a wonderful little restaurant in Katy, TX. You can control the heat by using more (or less) jalapenos.
- 15 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Boil the tomatoes, tomatillos, onions and jalapenos together over medium to low heat. Sparingly add a little water if you prefer a more liquid salsa, start with 3 or 4 tablespoons. It is easy to add more as it cooks.
- Simmer and stir for about 30 minutes. This isn't an exact science. I have cooked it as long as an hour or as short a time as 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and the chicken bullion powder. Stir well.
- Mix in a blender, then add cilantro.
- Stir and serve with tortilla chips or texmex food!
This is a delicious restaurant style salsa! I like to add diced cilantro and raw onion at the end