Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salsa is the compilation of dozens of salsa recipes that I have read. This salsa is not too hot, not too sweet, not too mild. The depth of flavor and easy prep will make this a winner for your next party or Tex-Mex night.
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of two limes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place garlic, onion, and jalapeno. Process to one minute or until finely chopped, almost minced, remove contents to a large bowl.
- In the same bowl of the food processor, add one cup of the crushed tomato, cilantro, and tomato paste. Process until the cilantro is well incorportated, place in the large bowl wth the vegetables previously chopped.
- Stir tomato mixture with the onion, garlic, and jalapeno mince. Add remaining ing. except salt and pepper. stir well. Add salt and pepper to tatste preference.
- Chill well, at least four hours. The longer this rests the more the flavor develops.
- Note: Please don't doubt the vinegar, it works in this recipe.