Recipe by Kim127
This was a winner for the Furmanos Cinco de Mayo Recipe contest. I have not tried it as yet. Posted for the Zaar World Tour. Update: I've since made this and thought it was just all right. Was missing something in my opinion.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
It was pretty good, but I may make a few small changes next time. First off, I couldn't find any tomatoes with green chilies already in them, so I used a can of tomatoes and a small can of diced chilies.The heavy cream made it a little thicker than I like, so I think next time, I'll use evaporated milk and add a couple more spices. Thanks for the recipe!
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 793.78 g canfurmano's petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 226.79 g can creamed corn
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion for 4 minutes. Add flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add cream, salt, pepper, toamtoes, corn, chicken and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with cilantro sprinkled on top.