Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a winner for the Furmanos Cinco de Mayo Recipe contest. I have not tried it as yet. Posted for the Zaar World Tour. Update: I've since made this and thought it was just all right. Was missing something in my opinion.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) canfurmano's petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion for 4 minutes. Add flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add cream, salt, pepper, toamtoes, corn, chicken and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with cilantro sprinkled on top.
It was pretty good, but I may make a few small changes next time. First off, I couldn't find any tomatoes with green chilies already in them, so I used a can of tomatoes and a small can of diced chilies.The heavy cream made it a little thicker than I like, so I think next time, I'll use evaporated milk and add a couple more spices. Thanks for the recipe!
This was fantastic. Loved it! The heat was just right and it was perfectly creamy but not overly rich. We topped ours with crushed tortilla chips. I will definately be making this agian. Thanks. Made for the Saucy Senoritas ZWT5.
Creamy, smooth and delicious! I love this recipe! Faster even then what is shown. In about 10 minutes everything was ready and just needed to simmer! Superb! This is so filling and yummy. I made this is August during high summer heat yet never broke a sweat! This would be lovely in the cold winter months too! DH crumbled some tortilla chips in this and said it was like a very good King Ranch Casserole. Thanks Kim for an awesome dish! *Made for Bev Tag*