Recipe by R.Lynn
This is actually a really good end of the week-use up all the veggies kind of stoup. It makes a great lunch! I added black beans I had leftover from taco night and I also added rice. The jalapeno doesn't make it too hot either. If you don't like the heat of a jalapeno, they can definately be omitted all together and this would still be great!
Top Review by jatharp
This has become one of our favorite Rachel recipes. The only thing I add is some chicken. If I have time I roast it or poach it myself. If not, in true Rachel style, I let the grocery store do it for me and just buy a roasted chicken which I shred into the stoup. Delicious!
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of pan, plus some for brushing tortillas
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped with greens
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 793.78 g can stewed tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato puree
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan and the jalapenos, bell pepper, onions, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper then saute veggies 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and stock and bring soup to a bubble.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cilantro.