Recipe by dgpat
I found this on the web a few months ago when I was looking for low-fat meals and I LOVED it!! Amazingly good and very easy!!
Top Review by Emily Janney
I found a couple of the same recipes of this, but I used yours, and it was outstanding! Threw it in the crock pot before work and when I got home it was ready. I made some spanish rice to go with it, I thought I was in a mexican restaurant! The chicken was so tender! And it's low fat!! Next time I'll make a mexican feast out of it. Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I use the fat-free)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased shallow baking dish; season with the taco seasoning mix.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pan, stir sour cream into salsa, then return chicken.
- Serve salsa sour cream chicken with a big tossed salad and Spanish rice.
- This chicken breast recipe serves 4.
- (I did this with chicken thighs- bone in- and just removed the skin before cooking- came out fine,-- so any piece of chicken can be used-also just used plain rice- it tastes good enough!).