Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
I was looking in the fridge for a lower calorie, lower sodium lunch and came up with this. I think it turned out exceptional. It is very important to use interesting salsa- I used Black Bean and Corn salsa from Target. It can, of course, be made in larger quantities for a family or a crowd. The nutrition info on this shows much higher sodium content than I actually had- it depends on the salsa and REQUIRES use of low sodium V-8.
- 2 tablespoons salsa, chunky
- 6 ounces low-sodium V8 juice
- 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Mix salsa and V-8 in a microwave dish.
- Heat for 3 minutes (times my vary).
- Top with cheese (optional).