Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice change of pace for breakfast. Easy to make and leftovers are great reheated in the microwave. This can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated until time to cook. From the Glenelly Inn & Cottages with some minor alterations to fit our taste.
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup salsa i use my homemade salsa (spicy or mild, depending on your preference)
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Layer the monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese and salsa evenly in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs and buttermilk and pour over cheese-salsa mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 1 hour until it sets in the middle and is golden brown on top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Variations: Add 1 to 2 corn tortillas torn into bite-size pieces for an even more filling dish.
- This can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until time to cook. (Bring to room temperature first).
I halved the recipe as well but only cooked for 30 minutes. Added sliced black olives and served with avocado, sour cream and tortillas. Enjoyed it. I would add more salsa next time. Only used 4 eggs which was perfect. It looked wonderful and smelled even better. Thanks Nimz! PS Great low carb meal
This sounded great but somehow didn't turn out for me. It may be because I halved the recipe and baked it in an 8x8 glass pan for 45 minutes. The top burned but underneath was edible. I used the ingredients according to the recipe but used jar salsa. Made for the Went to the market game.
Sized this down to two servings for GD and self and we both found it very good though next time I up the salsa and downsize the cheese. Otherwise, perfect! Thanks Nimz, made for ZWT3