Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Penzey's spices. Their seasoning is called Salsa Salad Seasoning. It is spicy.
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine the first three ingredients and place the chicken breasts in the marinade.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking or grilling.
- Recipe does not give cooking instructions, but you may try cooking them at 375° for 20 to 30 minutes.
yummy! The chicken was in the marinade maybe 1 hour. The chicken breasts were so tender. The taste is amazing. Perfect. Thanks WI Cheesehead :) Made for 123 Hit Wonders
I've always wondered what to do with that Salsa Seasoning. I didn't care for it as dressing, but love this chicken marinade. Wonderful spicy flavor and fantastic.
I made this today. This was good tangy/spicy. I did not have the Penzey's salsa seasoining mix, but I did go online to find out what was in their salsa seasoning. I had most of the "heat" in my cupboard. The regular ortega taco seasoning, was not going to be up to my tastebuds on it's own. I ground up some dried chilis: pasilla, guajuillo, ancho, cumin seeds, mexican oregano with the taco seasoning. I also added lime/lemon juice/zest. Marinated overnight & grilled the chicken on my stovetop grill. Just delicious over salad greens. Thanks for posting this..many repeats.