1 hr 6 mins
This really easy recipe is a slight modification of the Salsa Chicken and Rice recipe - replacing the chicken with polska kielbasa or Smoked Sausage. It's got a wonderfully sweet, smoky and spicy flavor. It's my mom's variation
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb polska kielbasa, cut into 1-2-inch chunks
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa (choose your favorite level of heat, I used medium and mild)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine rice and water into 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 3Cover rice with sliced onions and sausage.
- 4In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, adjusting to taste.
- 5Pour salsa mixture over sausage, onion and rice mixture, covering evenly.
- 6Cover pan with aluminum foil, and bake for about an hour, until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked completely.
- 7Stir to mix salsa and rice before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Sausage and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.8
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 2216.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 23.0 g