Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first tasted this salsa at a friend's party and just had to have the recipe. A friend of hers from Mexico had brought it to the potluck. I asked her very nicely for the recipe and she gave it to me! The hardest part of this may be to find the canned items. I found both at my local Kroger's.
- 1 (28 ounce) canof herdez salsa casera mexican picante sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) canof el pato tomato sauce (Salsa de Jalapenos)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- chopped jalapeno, depends on how hot you like it (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place in glass jars for best storage.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Tastes best if let sit in refrigerator overnight.
My son makes salsa very much like this it is very good lots of flavor
Just say no to cans