Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Given to me by Dar
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 -4 tomatoes (depending on how big they are and how hot you want the salsa to be)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt (I use at least 2T)
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Allow salsa to sit a couple of hours before serving for flavors to blend and bubbles created during mixing to settle.
Very good salsa recipe! I used 6 Roma tomatoes (what I had on hand) and decided to cut the salt in half. I use fresh ground sea salt and thought that 2 Tablespoons of it would be a little overpowering. The salsa was deliciously addicting right away, but after sitting in the fridge overnight and part of the next day, it's mellowed perfectly into something both the spicy and non-spicy eaters can enjoy. Thanks for posting, X! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
This was a quick and easy salsa to put together...I did cut the recipe in half and added some regular onion (didn't have much green onion) and some minced garlic and a little left over jalapeno. Wonderful!! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup 2009.
*Reviewed for Pick A Chef PAC Sept 09* This was a really quick and easy salsa to put together. Tasted good when first made but tasted so much better after a couple of hours