Recipe by Sackville
This is a simple but tasty sauce that is great over your favourite pasta, a cook-in sauce for chicken or even just to freeze for some day when you don't have the time to cook.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
WOW!! This was excellent. I wasnt sure what type of red peppers to use, as far as the ones to char-grill, but I used red bell peppers. I also didnt use any garlic, I was out of it, and it still turned out GREAT! I love this, and will be using it alot for my chicken and pastas! Thanks!
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook onions until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill and place the peppers on a roasting pan underneath the grill.
- Turn occasionally until their skins blister black.
- Place in a bowl and cover with clingfilm or put in a paper bag.
- Leave to sweat for ten minutes, then peel away the skin.
- Discard the stalk and seeds and dice the flesh.
- When the onions are tender, add the chilli pepper, red peppers and garlic to the pan.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, turn up the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.