Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple but tasty sauce that is great over your favourite pasta, a cook-in sauce for chicken or even just to freeze for some day when you don't have the time to cook.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook onions until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill and place the peppers on a roasting pan underneath the grill.
- Turn occasionally until their skins blister black.
- Place in a bowl and cover with clingfilm or put in a paper bag.
- Leave to sweat for ten minutes, then peel away the skin.
- Discard the stalk and seeds and dice the flesh.
- When the onions are tender, add the chilli pepper, red peppers and garlic to the pan.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, turn up the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.