Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grilled veggies pureed in a food processor for a nice smoky, fresh salsa. Adapted from a recipe in Leslie's recipe archive. nt
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, depending on spiciness
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grill all veggies except cilantro and salt until they blacken, removing each one as they do.
- Remove stems froom veggies and also seeds from peppers, if preferred.
- Place ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
- Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
- Chill until needed.
I was looking for a recipe with these exact ingredients that was easy to make and delicious, this is it!!
A perfect salsa. This has a nice roasted flavor. I had some on a quesadilla for lunch and it was pure heaven! Thanks Lori.
This was just a perfect salsa, and so simple to make. Was made a week ago but somehow forgot to review it for Newest zaar tag in the games forum. The smokey flavor definitely lifts it to a different level.