Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in an old TOH. I really like it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky salsa
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water and salsa to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and let stand for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
My rice was a little dry but good. This is a recipe that can be played to your liking. I will make this again. Try it!