Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent dip recipe. The recipe comes from the "Eating Well" magazine, 2005. I fix this dish for parties and everyone asks for the recipe. Delicious!
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 -4 jalapeno chiles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and chilies.
- Cook, turning every few minutes,15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove each veggie when it is browned; allow to cool slightly.
- Peel the garlic, core the tomatoes, and stem the peppers.
- Transfer the veggies to a blender and puree, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Heat oil in the same pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully pour in the puree, season with salt and cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened somewhat, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Makes 12 servings.