Recipe by Nedley Meyers
I was paying $5 for a small container at Whole Foods so I decided to make it myself. My family likes my version better than the “Sauce Queens” brand! This sauce has a wonderful, creamy, full flavor that compliments instead of overwhelming. We use it in place of mayo all the time. Perfect with steaks, London broil, prime rib, burgers, sandwiches, meatloaf, fish, an addition to your potatoes and even hot dogs! Amazing versatile sauce.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This sauce is AMAZING! If you are a fan of horseradish, you are going to love this sauce. I used a zesty hot horseradish and halved the recipe. It was the perfect compliment to my steak. The next day I used it on a ham sandwich. Yum!!! I took some over to my in-laws and they loved it too. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014.
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper powder
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, salt and both peppers in a medium bowl. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- May be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Use instead of mayo. Perfect with steaks, London broil, prime rib, burgers, sandwiches, meatloaf, fish, an addition to your potatoes and even hot dogs! Amazing versatile sauce.