Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves chips and salsa. This salsa is so quick and easy to make, and it is definitely a family favorite.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped, to taste
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend on lowest speed 2 seconds to chop tomatoes.
- Combine tomatoes with onion, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and jalapeno. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
We absolutely love this salsa -- so easy to make and so flavorful. Definitely my go-to recipe for a quick, authenic-tasting salsa.
For using canned tomatoes this had wonderful flavor and it gets better with time! This is nice in the winter when fresh tomatoes aren't available. I used nacho slices instead of the jalapenos. A double batch makes 1 quart. Thanks for posting!
This was quite good. I used fire roasted tomatoes, shallots, double the cilantro, one huge jalapeno and added 1/4 teaspoon of salt. This recipe makes a ton, so plan for a crowd!