Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great way to prepare my favorite veggie.
- 4 large baking potatoes, about 8 ounces each
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- sour cream, if desired
- additional salsa, if desired
- Pierce potatoes several times with fork. Place on microwavable paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave on High 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, turning potatoes over and rearranging halfway through cooking. Let stand in microwave oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain if necessary.
- Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and the chili powder.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; place 2 halves on each plate. Spoon mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each serving. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa.