1/1 Photo of Salsa Potato Samosas #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix This Cuban inspired, easy-to-make appetizer is sure to be the hit of your next party. The tender flaky crust pairs well with the savory sweet potato salsa filling. This recipe can easily be doubled. Be sure to serve extra salsa on the side!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Set a pan over medium heat and melt your butter. Reduce heat to medium low and add potatoes. Place lid on pan and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about ten minutes.
- 3Roll the pastry into a 12x12 square. Cut into 3" squares so you will have 9 total.
- 4Stir the potatoes into the fiesta salsa in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg well.
- 5Place potato mixture on each of the pastry squares, diving evenly.
- 6Brush edges of pastry with the beaten egg. Fold over, creating a triangle and crimp the edges with a fork.
- 7Place pastries onto a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until desired golden color is reached.
- 8Serve with additional salsa.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Potato Samosas #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.1
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 221.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices