Recipe by ErinEFes
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix This Cuban inspired, easy-to-make appetizer is sure to be the hit of your next party. The tender flaky crust pairs well with the savory sweet potato salsa filling. This recipe can easily be doubled. Be sure to serve extra salsa on the side!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices, diced (20oz bag)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple-mango salsa
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Set a pan over medium heat and melt your butter. Reduce heat to medium low and add potatoes. Place lid on pan and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about ten minutes.
- Roll the pastry into a 12x12 square. Cut into 3" squares so you will have 9 total.
- Stir the potatoes into the fiesta salsa in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg well.
- Place potato mixture on each of the pastry squares, diving evenly.
- Brush edges of pastry with the beaten egg. Fold over, creating a triangle and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place pastries onto a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until desired golden color is reached.
- Serve with additional salsa.