I found this recipe in a TOH's Quick Cooking cookbook it was submitted to them by Lorna Nault from Chesterton, Indiana.I thought this would be a good recipe to serve with almost any type of Mexican dish.I've changed a couple of things to the recipe based on what I had at home. The changes will be in "( )".If you make it the way it's stated in "( )" it will make enough for 3.Submitted to "Zaar" by me on 3/13/08
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I used 1/4 cup )
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 1/2 teaspoon of powdered )
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro (I left it out ) or 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (I left it out )
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I used 1 can )
- 2⁄3 cup salsa (I used 1/3 cup )
- In large skillet our saucepan,cook onion, garlic,and cilantro in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans and salsa,simmer on low heat until.
- completely heated through.