Recipe by Russell Cooks
This is a recipe that my dad made when we had some time but didn't want to work a lot in the kitchen. It's flavourful, colourful, and good especially for having guests because it requires little time in the kitchen. This recipe makes 6 servings, but it can be easily modified for more/less people.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple (the ring kind is best)
- 1 cup salsa (spicy is especially good)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place onion, then chicken in a deep oven dish, or oven dish covered in foil for easy cleanup.
- Combine juice from the pineapple can, salsa, and red wine vinegar and rub onto chicken until fully coated.
- Cover each chicken with its own pineapple rings.
- Sprinkle course pepper over the whole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour.
- If desired, throw potatoes or any vegetables in for a one-dish meal.