Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
this is the wonderful stuff they have in the squeeze bottles in the real mexican resturants , this is not salsa for chips but great on everything else
- 6 medium tomatillos
- 8 chili peppers, de arbol
- 3 serranos
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup water
- salt, 1 teaspoon
- remove hucks from tomatillo's and wash well.
- place is a small sauce pan along with rest of ingredients.
- simmer about 8 minutes turning the tomatillo's once.
- remove from heat and let cool.
- place everything including water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- needs to rest a couple of hours to blend the flavors.
- It is wonderful on taco's, burritos even rice.
This is pretty much how I make my salsa, too! Depending on who will be eating it, the chiles can be increased, decreased, or you can substitute your favorites. You can also make Salsa Roja by using Roma tomatoes instead of the tomatillos. I usually add a dash of lime juice, a large chopped onion and some chopped cilantro (I hate it, but my ex, who is from Mexico used to insist on it!) to the blender before you "buzz" it! Good authentic recipe!!