Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The only way my Georgia-Born husband will eat greens. It works with collard, mustard and turnip greens.
- 1 package frozen mustard greens
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Cover frozen greens with water and bring to boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup of the tomato juice. In a sauce pan, saute onions in butter until slightly softened. Add the remaining ingredients to the onions and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes Serve hot tomato salsa over greens.