Recipe by JillAZ
This comes from the book "Pacific Fresh". It is one of my favorite cookbooks. These are a great little appetizer, especially for a mexican meal. Something a little different than chips and salsa. I ate some of the leftovers with a salad for lunch the next day - yummy!
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and clean caps.
- Brush a little oil on both sides of mushroom caps and place in baking dish with the hollow side up.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed tortilla chips and the salsa.
- Fill mushrooms with this mixture.
- Top each mushroom with some of the grated jack cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until mushrooms are warm and cheese is melted.
- Note: I had some wonderful fresh goat cheese that was rolled in chipotle powder. I used a few slices of this on some of the mushrooms instead of the jack cheese. It was heavenly!