Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lip smacking ;-)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced white onions
- 1 lb tomatoes, diced
- 2 chilies, finely diced with seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add a little more sugar if the tomatoes are acidic, but make sure the salsa does not taste of sugar.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Good with tortilla chips.
Just the way I like my Salas- I used three Chilis and took out the seeds I had leftover tomatoes & peppers from the garden so this was perfect. For the Cilantro I used frozen chopped cubes - The have almost fresh flavor so are hany to have on hand. Thanks for posting