Recipe by * Pamela *
This meatloaf tastes even better reheated the next day! The measurements are approx. as I usually do not measure the amounts as I'm throwing it together.**edited on October 24 to add instructions (see step 4) for Once a Month Cooking. I usually make this during a cooking blitz and freeze until needed.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
This is a wonderful meatloaf with a different flavour. DH and I gave it 5 full stars, the kids 4. I loved the salsa flavour and the option of using oatmeal, which is what I usually use. I didn't use the onion and onion soup mix, substituting some dried onion flakes instead to reduce the salt. The meatloaf held together well and sliced well, a bonus. Thank you, Pamela!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup cracker crumbs or 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients for loaf together and place in a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until almost done.
- Top loaf with sauce and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- ** for OAMC: complete steps 1 & 2 but bake until done. Defrost overnight, top with sauce and then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until sauce bubbles. OR bake from frozen for 1 hour at 350 degrees, top with sauce and then bake for 30 minutes or longer until sauce bubbles.**