Recipe by DiWriter
This is a great, easy recipe from one of my husband's cooking for bachelors-type books. It's supposed to have three ingredients, but I cheat and add a few extras
Top Review by GaylaJ
I chose this as one of your recipes to make for the Pick A Chef game and am really glad I did, as it was much better than I would have expected. I was a bit leery of adding all that water, but went ahead and did so on faith. :) The meat mixture did end up pretty wet and difficult to get to hold a loaf shape, but I made my own breadcrumbs (Recipe #199409) out of homemade sourdough and don't think my crumbs were as dry as intended in the recipe. Assuming that thick, jarred salsa was intended here, rather than fresh, I used hot Pace chunky salsa. Since it was so chunky, I did give it a few whirls in the food processor to avoid having to watch my son discreetly trying to pick the large tomato chunks out of his. :) I ended up baking it about 70 minutes. Anyway, all worked out well, and we really enjoyed this tasty meatloaf--thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or spicy, according to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- in a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, water and salsa and set aside for 10 minutes.
- in a large bowl, add onions, garlic, turkey, egg and when it's ready, the water/breadcrumb mixture.
- using your clean hands, mix together.
- shape into a loaf shape in a large pan. I usually use a 9x13x2.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.