Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an excellent recipe for macaroni salad for a change of peace. Enjoy it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package corkscrew macaroni, cooked
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, diced (or use jalapeno peppers if like it spicy)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil (or use olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon, granulated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 5 fresh cilantro stems (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In large bowl combine pasta with tomatoes, onions, peppers and olives, undrained.
- For dressing use screw top jar. Combine oil, lemon, vinegar, cilantro, chili powder, bouillon granules, garlic salt and pepper. Cover, shake to mix.
- Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese if like, and top with cilantro sprigs. Refrigerate until serving time.