pink cook's Note:
This is an excellent recipe for macaroni salad for a change of peace. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package corkscrew macaroni, cooked
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, diced (or use jalapeno peppers if like it spicy)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn oil (or use olive oil)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon, granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 5 fresh cilantro stems (to garnish)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. In large bowl combine pasta with tomatoes, onions, peppers and olives, undrained.
- 2For dressing use screw top jar. Combine oil, lemon, vinegar, cilantro, chili powder, bouillon granules, garlic salt and pepper. Cover, shake to mix.
- 3Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- 4Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese if like, and top with cilantro sprigs. Refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g