pink cook's Note:
This is an excellent recipe for macaroni salad for a change of peace. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package corkscrew macaroni, cooked
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, diced (or use jalapeno peppers if like it spicy)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn oil (or use olive oil)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon, granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 5 fresh cilantro stems (to garnish)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. In large bowl combine pasta with tomatoes, onions, peppers and olives, undrained.
- 2For dressing use screw top jar. Combine oil, lemon, vinegar, cilantro, chili powder, bouillon granules, garlic salt and pepper. Cover, shake to mix.
- 3Pour over pasta mixture. Toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.
- 4Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese if like, and top with cilantro sprigs. Refrigerate until serving time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g