Prep 6 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is quick and easy for a nutritious lunch. Serve with a side salad. A favorite with adults and children alike.
- 1 (225 g) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare dinner as directed on package.
- Stir in salsa.
- Spoon into greased casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
How easy and delicious! Mac 'n Cheese with Zip! Made for the TEX-MEX event in Cooking Photos.
Wow was this good! My 4 yr old and I scarfed this down for lunch today. I also just stirred the salsa and cheese into the mac on stovetop and it was just as yummy!
Excellent and quick lunch. The salsa added a nice zesty flavor. I didn't bake in the oven, just added the salsa to the cooked macaroni and heated through. It worked well. Thanks