Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy, tasty, quick meal to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Brown meat and drain.
- In another pan, mix salsa and water and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer about ten minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add velveeta and beef and stir until velveeta is melted.
Perhaps if I'd used half the Velveeta I would have liked this but I found it to be way too much, and I seriously love cheese. In general, I just didn't enjoy it unfortunately, at all.
Great simple, last minute fix on a busy weeknight. My family inhaled this dish. Used a pint of homemade salsa which made it extra good. Needed a little more water to cook the macaroni. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was so good and so easy. My boys loved it! They love anything with Velveeta! I added some garlic powder, cumin, and pepper to the boiling salsa and water. Made for ZWT 5, Ali Baba's Babes!