Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 garlic powder
- 1 dash red pepper, ground
- In medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place in covered container; chill until ready to serve.
I frequently make my own salsa, so much better tasting than the canned stuff and often much cheaper. This is one of those salsas thats perfect when you want a clean flavor without lots of extras like beans, corn, etc. My salsa had a lovely flavor given off by the smoked chili powder I recently brought back from New Mexico. I let it sit in the fridge overnight before eating which gave the onions lots of time to rehydrate and season the salsa. Also used petit diced canned tomatoes sine I like a bit of chunkiness in my salsa. Would certainly make this again. Thanks Lauralie!