Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper
- 2 jalapenos, cored, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped (28 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, Chopped
- In a one-quart casserole, combine onion, garlic, peppers and olive oil.
- Microwave covered at High (100%) for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, vinegar (balsamic or red wine, add according to taste) and coriander, season sauce with salt and sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
I really liked the tang from the balsamic vinegar. It was an unusual ingredient for me, but really pleased the palate. It's not overpowering at all. I did use crushed tomatoes as we prefer a smoother salsa with the tacos I made. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I used a yellow pepper, balsamic vinegar, & added 2 cloves garlic. Very good!