Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This my absolute favourite thing to do with avocados.
Make and share this Salsa Guasacaca - Spicy Avocado Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely diced
- 1 hardboiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (optional)
- Peel and seed tomato and chop into 1/4 inch dice.
- Peel and dice avocado into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, vinegar, chile paste, salt and black pepper, and with a wooden spoon mix well. Add the tomato, avocado, green pepper, chopped egg. parsley and the optional cilantro and mix together gently but thoroughly.
- Taste for seasoning. Serve with grilled meats or fish or with Mexican Food.