Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Very tasty and calorie friendly! Use your favorite bottled salsa or fresh. I think this dish is best when the chicken breasts are seared on the grill before baking.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Fire up the grill or sautee & brown the chicken breasts in a prepared skillet on the stove top.
- Grill both sides of chicken until outer surfaces are seared and lightly browned.
- Spray bottom of casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place grilled chicken breasts in casserole dish.
- Brush 1 T brown mustard on top of each breast.
- Combine salsa and lime juice, pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered @ 350 for 45 minutes until chicken is done & juices run clear.
- Serve over white rice.