Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Dresses up green beans in a very tasty way!
- 4 cups fresh cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 small tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook beans in salted water for 8-10 min, until crisp tender.
- In skillet, saute onions in butter, add tomatoes, salsa, garlic, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add to beans and toss until beans are well coated.
Yummmmmmy! I scaled this recipe down to 1 serving without difficulty, and didn't change a thing! The butter-tomato-bean comibination is simply out of this world, and the salsa makes it that extra special. I had this with chappatis for a great dinner. Thanks Inez!
My husband LOVED these. I didn't have salsa so I used a little Rotel Tomatoes. I will definately put this as a regular on our menus. Thanks!
Great side dish. Used Pace Picante hot salsa.