Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe out of one of those free paper recipe booklets, that you can get in the mail. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it was TERRIFIC! The glaze is delicious, and would be great on chicken or pork chops. It's a super simple recipe, not much prep etc, and it's well worth it. The red currant jelly was a task in itself to find, and once I found it, almost lost it when I saw it was almost $5. I'll probably never use the jelly for anything else...haha. Hope you all enjoy!
- Place ribs in baking pan with water.
- Cover and roast at 350°F degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Combine salsa and jelly.
- Place ribs on grill over medium coals.
- Lightly baste with salsa mixture.
- Grill 5 to 10 minutes per side until ribs are glazed and browned.
- Serve ramining salsa mixture with ribs.
- (If you have any left).
This was a very tasty meal. I used pork ribs and made the recipe as written. The meat was tender and the salsa mix was pleasantly tangy and not overly sweet.
I used pork chops as suggested. This sauce was very good! I love Red Currant and mixing it with salsa was wonderful! The sauce marinated into the chops as they baked and made them sweet and tender.