Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
A typical Costa Rican recipe for salsa, which is served with black beans, black bean soup, rice, etc. . Adapted from Lifelines magazine. Enjoy!
- 2 large green tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large vidalia onions (or Spanish onions)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- Chop the tomatoes coarsely; then finely chop onions.
- Wash and chop the cilantro very finely (including stems).
- Cover vegetable mixture with lemon juice and vinegar.
- Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Delicious! I used a big container of grape tomatoes that need to be used up, lime juice, and red wine vinegar. I also soaked my onions in cold water for half an hour to mellow them out a little and added a little extra cilantro and a jalapeno. Used to make Recipe #288094!
This is very good, it tastes very much like pico de gallo. We used it to top Lavender Lynn's Stir Fry Fajitas. I think next time though I will split the batch into two portions and make one with a bit of heat to it. Thanks for sharing Sharon. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #24
Great salsa, refreshing. Served with nachos. Thank You. Made for ZWT 4 Family Pick