Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, minced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired and minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Stir and toss well.
- Serve. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator no more than 1 day.
I made this tonight to go along with my mexican style dinner. My sister, dad, and I really enjoyed this. I added 1 extra jalepeño to give it a litte extra spice. I will be making this again soon. Thanks for sharing.
This is very similar to a recipe I have been using for years. I like to use roma tomatoes because they tend to be "meatier". Also, I like to add chopped yellow pepper, adds some nice color. And I can't make salsa without minced garlic and a a tsp or two of cumin for it's smoky flavor. Ole!
This shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to make. I chop all ingredients in a food prosser.3 or 4 cloves of garlic should be added, I also add about 3 Tab. red wine vinegar . Doug Riach